Funding and Support
For the past 25 years, we have had the good fortune of receiving incredible financial support from our funders. We started with core funding from Gatsby Charitable Foundation and as others started to see the results we produced, we were able to partner with many others.
Our current programme funders are:
- Comic Relief and Cherie Blair Foundation who fund the Tanzania Virtual Business Incubator Programme in Dar es Salaam and Kibaha.
- DANIDA which supports the Informal Economy Sector Support Programme in greater Dar es Salaam.
Our past programmefunders have included:
- AIDOS (Italian Association for Women in Development)
- Alice Spencer
- The Belkin family
- Conservation Agriculture Regional Programme (CARP)
- Ford Foundation
- Gatsby Charitable Foundation of UK
- Kilimo Trust
- McKnight Foundation
- UK’s Department for International Development (DFID)
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- World Bank
We thank all our partners and look forward to stronger and deeper collaborations in the future.
We continue to seek further funding from agencies and institutions that share our drive of helping Tanzanian SMEs and farmers transform into globally competitive enterprises.
The support and close collaboration of various partners inside and outside Tanzania has made it possible for us to run successful programmes. Our implementing partners have included:
- AMKA Trust
- Habitat for Humanity
- International Service for the Acquisition of Agribiotech Applications (ISAAA)
- Kinondoni Municipal Council
- Mondi Forest of South Africa
- Presidential Trust Fund
- Small Industries Development Organization (SIDO)
- Tanzania Cotton Board
- Tanzania Food Processors Association (TAFOPA)
- Tanzania Forestry Research Institute (TAFORI)
- Tanzania Investment Bank (TIB)
- Tanzania Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment
- Ubungo Municipal Council
- University of Dar es Salaam (College of Engineering and Technology; Entrepreneurship Centre)
- UWAWIMA (Umoja wa Wakulima wa Mbogamboga na Matunda)
- VIBINDO Society (Jumuiya ya wenye Viwandana na Biashara Ndogondogo)
- Vocational Education and Training Authority (VETA)
- Zanzibar Association of Tourist Investors (ZATI)